loader image


Khula - خلع

Please click on any question to see its answer - نیچے دیے گئےسوالات کے جوابات دیکھنے کے لیے متعلقہ سوال پر کلک کیجیے

What is Khula ?
Khula is a right given to the wife in Islam to get separation from her husband in case she is not willing to live happily with her husband. To get Khula the lady needs to go to the court where she is required to file a petition for judicial separation.
خلع کیا ہے؟
خلع اسلام میں خاتون کو دیا گیا ایک حق ہے جس کے ذریعے وہ اپنے شوہر سے علیحدگی حاصل کر سکتی ہے اگر وہ اپنے شوہر کے ساتھ خوش نہ ہو ۔ خلع حاصل کرنے کے لئے خاتون کو عدالت میں جانا پڑتا ہے جہاں وہ ایک دعوی دائر کر تی ہے جس میں وہ عدالت سےاپنے شوہر سے علیحدگی کی درخواست کرتی ہے۔
Is there any conditions for seeking separation through Khula ?
Yes. As per law a woman seeking separation from husband through Khula need to return a portion of dower received from the husband.
کیا خلع کے زریعے علیحد گی کے لیے کوئی شرائط ہیں ؟
جی ہاں ۔ خلع کے زریعے علیحد گی حا صل کرنے کے لیے خاتون کو مہر کا کچھ حصہ واپس کرنا پڑتا ہے ۔
How much time is required for getting a decree of Khula ?
If husband appears before the court and contest the matter , then approximately 2 months and if do not contest, in 1 month.
خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے لیے کتنا وقت درکار ہوتا ہے؟
اگر شوہر حاضر عدالت آ جائے توتقریبا دو ماہ اور اگر نہ آئے تو تقریبا ایک ماہ کا وقت درکار ہوتاہے۔
What are the documents required for obtaining decree of Khula or for filing a case ?
Copy of CNIC, Copy of Nikah Nama (Marriage Certificate) and current address of the husband.
خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے لیے یا کیس دائر کرنے کے لیے کیا دستاویزات درکار ہوتی ہیں؟
شناختی کارڈ کی کاپی ۔ نکاح نامہ کی کاپی اور شوہر کا موجودہ پنہ ۔
How many times a woman needs to appear before court in person ?
Once or twice normally.
خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے لیے خاتون کو کتنی بار عدالت میں پیش ہونا پڑتا ہے ؟
عام طور پر ایک یا دو مرتبہ ۔
What is the procedure after getting decree of Khula ?
The decree is to be submitted in the concerned union council where the marriage was registered and the union council after conducting all formalities issues a Divorce Certificate.
خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے بعد کیا کیا جاتا ہے ؟
عدالت سے خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے بعد اسے متعلقہ یونین کونسل میں جمع کروایا جاتا ہے جہاں یونین کونسل کاعملہ اپنی کارروائی کرنے کے بعد طلاق سرٹیفیکیٹ جاری کرتا ہے۔
Whether a woman can conduct another marriage after getting decree of Khula and before the issuance of Divorce Certificate from the Union council ?
No . It is not allowed.
خلع کی ڈگری حاصل کرنے کے بعد کیاایک خاتون طلاق سر ٹیفیکیٹ حاصل کرنےسے پہلے شادی کر سکتی ہے ؟
جی نہیں ۔ ایسا نہیں کر سکتی ۔
Whether women for getting divorce/Khula has to go through a process of cross questioning or some difficult and lengthy procedure ?
No. A woman just has to make a simple statement that she dont want to live with her husband due to some reasons in the limits prescribed by Allah.
کیا خاتون کو خلع حاصل کرنے کے لیے مشکل سوالات کا جواب دینا پڑتا ہے ؟
جی نہیں ۔ ایک خاتون کو صرف عدالت کے سامنے ایک بیان دینا پڑتا ہے کہ وہ اپنے شوہر کے ساتھ خدا کی طے کردہ حدود میں نہ رہ سکتی ہے ۔
How much of the Haq Mehar is to be abandon ?
Only 25 %.
حق مہر کا کتنا حصہ سے خلع کے لیے دستبردار ہونا پڑتا ہے ؟
صرف ۲۵ پچییس فیصد حصہ سے ۔
Is there any other way to get divorce instead of Khula ?
Yes , there are many ways for example Mubarat, Divorce ,etc.. For more information You may contact us using email, calling at our contact number or by chatting with our online expert.
کیا خلع کے سوا بھی کوئی اور علیحدگی کا طریقہ ہے ؟
جی ہاں ۔ اس کے علاوہ بھی علیحدکی کے کئی طریقے ہیں جیسا کہ مبارت وغیرہ ۔ مزید معلومات و سوالات کے لیے ھمارے دیئے گیے ایڈریس پر ای میل کیجیے یا ٹیلی فون پر رابطہ کیجیے۔ آپ ہمارے آن لایئن ماہر سے چیٹ بھی کر سکتے ہیں ۔

Khula is a legal Islamic divorce procedure in Pakistan that allows Muslim women to obtain a divorce from their husbands. The process involves the wife filing a case in the family court, citing reasons for wanting a divorce, and returning her husband’s dowry as per Islamic law.

The procedure of Khula in Pakistan is regulated by the Dissolution of Muslim Marriages Act, 1939. This act provides guidelines for the dissolution of marriage in the Muslim community and outlines the legal requirements for obtaining a khula. According to the act, a woman can obtain a khula if she is able to prove that her husband has been cruel to her or has failed to fulfill his marital obligations and many other grounds.

To initiate the process of Khula in Pakistan, the wife must file a case in the family court, specifying the reasons for wanting a divorce. The court then issues a notice to the husband and gives him an opportunity to respond to the allegations made by his wife. If parties fail to settle the matter amicably, the court decrees the case in favour of the woman.

During the process of Khula in Pakistan, the wife must return her husband’s dowry as per Islamic law. This includes any property, assets, or money that was given to her at the time of marriage. The husband may also be required to pay maintenance to his wife in some cases, depending on the circumstances of the case.

It is important to note that the process of khula in Pakistan is not a much complicated procedure. Women who wish to obtain a khula may face numerous legal and societal challenges, such as a lack of awareness of their legal rights, financial constraints, and social stigma. Moreover, the process can be emotionally draining and stressful for both parties involved.

In conclusion, while khula is a legal option available to Muslim women in Pakistan seeking a divorce, so the Women who are considering a khula should seek legal advice to ensure that their rights are protected.